Citizens Arrest of Attorney-General Philip Ruddock as a War Criminal6 July, 2007Media Release
At 9 am yesterday, as Philip Ruddock was about to address a symposium on Law & Liberty in the War on Terror, an anti-war activist confronted Ruddock with a formal Warrant, charging him with various war crimes. (see Warrant below)
Peter McGregor, a retired academic from Newcastle, was himself then arrested, & charged with ‘unlawful entry on inclosed lands’. McGregor also had criticized UNSW, the Law Faculty, & all present, for welcoming such a war criminal. "Ruddock’s abandoning of Habeas Corpus, as both Minister for Immigration, & Attorney-General, should make him a social pariah, & especially with academics & those who believe in the rule of law & human rights. In order for evil to triumph, it is enough for good people to do nothing."
Contact: Peter McGregor - email@example.com & 0408 283680 & 49293587
NSW Police Facts Sheet; 5th July, 2007 : “On Thurs 5th July 2007 the Accused attended the conference at the UNSW… the Accused has stood up after the introduction on Attorney General Philip Ruddock & began to yell out abuse claiming that Mr. Ruddock was a war crimes offender & the Accused tried to effect a citizens arrest of Mr. Ruddock. The Accused was stopped by NSW Police, & was escorted from the lecture theatre… the Event Co-Ordinator Dr. Andrew Lynch (Faculty of Law, UNSW) informed the Accused that his permit to attend the conference had been removed… The Accused stated to police that he would continue to re-enter the ground it they left… The Accused was charged… & is to appear at the Waverley Local Court as 9.30 am on 25 July 2007.“
Warrant for the Citizens Arrest of John Howard, Alexander Downer, Philip Ruddock, & Brendan Nelson:
John Howard, Prime Minister; Alexander Downer, Minister for Foreign Affairs; Philip Ruddock, Attorney-General; & Brendan Nelson, Minister for Defence are hereby charged, to be trial by the International Criminal Court, with:
(1) Planning, preparing, initiation or waging a war of aggression or a war in violation of international treaties, agreements or assurances – VI (i) Nuremburg Principles
(2) Participation in a common plan or conspiracy for accomplishment of the above – V (ii) Nuremburg Principles
(3) Participating in the use of cluster bombs in contravention of the AUSTRALIAN MINES CONVENTION ACT, 1998
(4) Participating in the use of weapons of mass destruction in breach of the GENEVA Convention including Fuel Air Explosives which cause death by asphyxiation
(5) Conspiring to subvert the course of justice by(i) abandoning habeas corpus both in the domestic 'anti-terror' laws & in international policy; &(ii) covering up or defending the use of torture & over breaches of the GENEVA Convention, the International Covenant for Civil & Political Rights, & the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, against Australian – and other - citizens, at Guantanamo Bay
(6) Failing in its duty to protect Australian citizens overseas, & conspiring to continue the illegal detention of Australian citizens without trial or changes for over 5 years
(7) Demonizing and incarcerating asylum seekers under the policies of mandatory detention and fortress Australia.
Media articles are posted for the purpose of criticism, comment, scholarship and research under "fair use" provisions and may not be distributed further without permission of the copyright owners, except for "fair use."